If you have ever wanted to have long hair but do not have the patience to wait for them to grow, then try getting hair extensions. Hair extensions are a good way to give your hair that fuller and longer look that you desire. Also, hair extensions are natural looking and are not very hard to make use of although they can take a while to be applied.
How To Get Longer, Fuller Hair Using Hair Extensions
Before you can get the longer hair you desire with hair extensions, there are some things you should do. Below are suggested steps to follow when getting hair extensions for a longer hair:
The first thing to do is choose the hair extensions you want to make use of. There are two types of hair extensions: human hair and synthetic hair. Both can be worn for a long period of time (most advisable is for them to be worn for 3 months), straightened, washed and flexed when in place. However, there are some clear differences between them.
Human Hair: Human hair is a popular type of extension, it's easy to care for (treat it like your hair) and the hair looks like your hair, it has many benefits; it can be colored, curled, straightened and so on. If we take care of it like our hair does, it can take a long time.
Synthetic hair: it is a man-made plastic or plastic blend that mimics the look of human hair, it also has some advantages such as the fact that the price is cheap when compared to human hair, style is a lot, looks like human hair, but there are also some disadvantages, it does not feel like the real hair it cannot be hot, dyed, curled, straightened and it also tangles easily and can shed when wearing them.
The next thing to do is to think of clip in hair extensions: they are synthetic or human hair attached to the base of a hair clip, which allows temporary extension of your hair. This is a great option if you just want an extension for a particular event or day. These are the cheapest hair extensions available, and installing them is easier. It only takes a few minutes to get in.
Also, get a hair weft. A weft of hair is a single row of hair that must be cut between your own layers of hair to add length. You can buy synthetic or human hair but note that the latter is the more expensive of the two options. Make sure that you pick the right hair extension color. Hair extensions are meant to look natural, which they cannot do if there is a simple difference in hair color. Find the right length of hair. Of course, you want your extensions to be longer than your current length, you should not add a dramatic amount of difference between your natural length and the extensions. Not only will it look fake, of course, but it will cost a significantly higher amount. Stay at most 4 inches extra long.
After all these has been done, the next thing is to apply the hair extensions to your hair. To apply the hair extensions, ensure that you
- divide your hair into sections: this can be done by using a comb to divide the hair into smaller straighter bits. Leave a thin section of hair down against your back and as you add the extensions, put down more sections of the hair and add the clip in or tape ins.
- Ratting the roots of your hair also provides coverage for the clips. This makes it more difficult to tell you are wearing extensions.
- Be sure to evenly space the extensions, so that you have a level length of hair all the way around your head. You can give your hair the look of layers. Apply the extensions in evenly spaced vertical sections. You may need to cut the extensions to blend them in with your natural hair.
- Feel free to cut or trim your extensions to match the rest of your hair. You are not required to leave them as-is from the packaging.
- If you can see the clip from your extensions, rearrange them so that they are not visible.
- Be sure that your extension clips cannot be seen even if you put your hair in a ponytail. They should be close enough to the roots and blended with enough layers that they are invisible to the naked eye.